RECIPE: Coconut Shrimp Ceviche
Summer is finally here! Things are starting to heat up, so today we are sharing a few of our favorite ways to enjoy a perfect summer day: 1. A nice, cold craft beer. 2. Swimming – lake, river, ocean, pool, whatever it is, a quick plunge is always so satisfying. 3. Make Coconut Shrimp Ceviche - refreshing, vibrant, and easily shareable, it’s perfect for summer parties and family meals together in the backyard. Just add music...*clears throat*...“Alexa, play “Coconut” by Harry Nilsson!”
Now just grab a bowl of taro or your fave tortilla chips and get your scoop on! Enjoy y’all!
You will need:
2 lbs. shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 gallon water
1 T. sea salt
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1 T. tapatio
1 T. sea salt
3 fl. oz. coconut milk
1/2 red bell pepper, cut julienne strips
1/2 green bell pepper, cut julienne strips
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 medium, seedless jalapeño, minced
1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
2 T. cilantro, chopped
1 T. sugar
2 T. toasted coconut
Lime, cut into wheels
TARO CHIPS: Purchase taro chips or make them yourself. Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel taro root and slice into thin (but not too thin) pieces. Brush baking sheet with olive oil and bake until crisp, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Combine water + sea salt in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Place whole shrimp into water for 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds. Remove shrimp from water and transfer to large mixing bowl. Leave in the refrigerator to cool for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, chop the cooked shrimp into 1/2” pieces. Put them back into the mixing bowl.
- Pour lemon + lime juice over the shrimp and toss.
- Cut bell peppers into 1/16” strips. Dice onion & tomato into 1/4” pieces. Finely chop the jalapeño. Then add ingredients into the bowl with chopped shrimp.
- Mix tapatio, salt, sugar + coconut milk together and then add to the bowl with shrimp + veggies.
- Chop cilantro and then add to bowl. Mix gently.
- Place bowl in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 8 hours before serving.
- Place in a serving dish, garnish with toasted coconut, serve with taro chips + lime wheels.
Share your creations by tagging us on IG @lazydogrestaurants using the #ldtable hashtag.
P.S. Our Coconut Shrimp Ceviche is available at all Lazy Dog Restaurants.